Caring for your Invisalign Aligners
Wear your Invisalign aligners as instructed by Dr. MacKenzie and her team. Wear the aligners for 22 hours a day, taking them out to eat and brush your teeth.
- You can drink liquids with your aligners in, make sure to rinse your mouth with water afterwards.
- Brush and floss normally after eating. You have to make sure that your teeth are clean before you put the aligners back on.
- Clean your aligners twice a day, use mild soap or toothpaste and water, and brush them with a toothbrush.
- Keep the aligners stored in your case whenever you are not wearing them. Do not place them in a tissue or put them in your pocket – you may break or lose them.
- Keep all used aligners in their pouches. Do not throw them out.
- Keep aligners away from pets.
- Keep your aligners away from heat.
- Your teeth will feel sensitive for a couple of days after changing aligners, this is because they are moving. In most cases, eating softer foods will decrease the sensitivity. During the first few days after receiving your attachments and your first set of aligners, you may take Advil or Tylenol 20 minutes before eating to make your teeth comfortable.
- The attachments on your teeth are necessary for the tooth movement. If an attachment falls off, please contact our office.
- You will feel your teeth moving and soon you will be able to start seeing a change in their position and a bright new smile!
- If you are a new patient, interested in Invisalign treatment, contact us at 506-633-0555 to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Liliya MacKenzie, the only Elite Invisalign provider in Southern New Brunswick. Our offices are located in uptown Saint John and in Rothesay / Quispamsis.