Retainers are the final and most important part of your orthodontic treatment. You have to wear your retainers for as long as you want to have straight teeth (forever…). Here are five tips for caring for your retainers:
- Clean them with a toothbrush and toothpaste every morning after taking them off.
- Keep them away from pets. Pets are the most common reason for retainer replacements in our office.
- Always store your retainers in their case, not in your pocket or in a napkin.
- Try your retainers on after your dental appointments so ensure that they are fitting especially if you had a lot of dental work done.
- Call our office if your retainers are lost or broken so that we can order you new ones.
I recommend Invisalign Vivera retainers to all of my Invisalign and braces patients. Vivera retainers are stronger and more durable than regular clear retainers.
I’m Dr. MacKenzie: a New Brunswick orthodontist with offices in Saint John, Rothesay, and St. Stephen. Schedule a free consult with me today.