At MacKenzie Orthodontics…
…we are proud to have friendly, dedicated staff with many years of experience in orthodontics. Our goal is to make you feel welcome, to provide orthodontic treatment of the highest quality in a relaxed and comfortable environment and to ensure that all of your questions are answered. We are friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. We are good listeners and careful, experienced practitioners who attend continuing education courses, ensuring state-of-the-art orthodontic care. In our office, we treat all patients like family.
Request your FREE smile consult
Dr. Liliya MacKenzie has been practicing orthodontics since 2009. She is a graduate of Mount Allison Univeristy (Bachelor of Science, Master of Science), McGill Univeristy (DMD) and University of Rochester, NY (Orthodontics). She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. Dr. MacKenzie is a Diamond Invisalign provider, among the top 1% of orthodontists in North America for expertise in Invisalign. She has been shortlisted four times in an international Invisalign competition. She gives Invisalign courses to general dentists and orthodontists.
Dr. MacKenzie grew up in Bulgaria and came to Canada to study at Mount Allison University. She graduated at the top of her class and won the Gold Medal in Biology as well as the Governor General’s Gold Medal award, the highest academic honour in Canada.
She earned her dental degree from McGill University where she won over 20 academic and clinical awards including the Thornton Gold Medal in Dentistry and the Award for Clinical Excellence. She specialized in Orthodontics at the University of Rochester in New York, where she won the Strong Star of Excellence for Clinical Care. She is the author of over 20 scientific papers.
Dr. MacKenzie is a member of the Canadian Association of Orthodontists, the Northeastern Society of Orthodontists, the Canadian Dental Association and the New Brunswick Dental Society. She is on the Align Technology Orthodontic Faculty and teaches Invisalign techniques to dentists and orthodontists. She is also the orthodontist on the Cleft Lip and Palate Team at the Saint John Regional Hospital.
Dr. MacKenzie was an assistant professor at Dalhousie University where she taught clinical and theoretical orthodontics to dental students. She is currently a content expert in Orthodontics for the National Dental Examining Board.
She lives in Quispamsis with her husband and three children. Her hobbies are fitness and cooking.
ORTHODONTIC LECTURES AND SEMINARS GIVEN BY DR. MACKENZIE
- “Phase I treatment with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2020
- “Improving the efficiency of treatment with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Moncton, NB, 2019
- “Treatment of skeletal Class II malocclusion with Invisalign” – course for orthodontists in Quebec City, QC, 2019
- “Treatment of moderate to severe deep bites with Invisalign” – course for general dentists in Quebec City, QC, 2019
- “Improving the patient experience with Invisalign” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Moncton, NB, 2019
- “Treatment of patients with moderate to severe crowding” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Halifax, NS, 2018
- “Growth modification and timing of treatment” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2019
- “Multi-disciplinary treatment planning” – course for general dentists in Saint John, NB, 2018
- “Treatment of moderately complex malocclusions” – Invisalign course for general dentists in Halifax, NS, 2016
- “Treatment of deep bites and open bites” – Invisalign course for orthodontists in Halifax, NS and St. John’s, NL, 2015
- “Orthodontic planning for restorative treatment” – Invisalign course for general dentists in St. John’s NL, 2015
- “Invisalign as a treatment for complex cases” – Fredericton Dental Symposium, 2015
- “Mini-implants in orthodontics” – Fredericton Dental Syposium, 2014
- “Pre-restorative treatment planning with Invisalign” – Saint John Dentists, 2013
- “Digital technology in orthodontics” – Canadian Association of Orthodontists, 2011
- “Digital impressions – implicaions for the orthodontic team member” – Dalhousie University continuing education, 2010
- “Digital technology in orthodontics” – Fredericton Dental Hygienist Association, 2010
- “Orthodontic exams by age 7” – NB Dental Assistants Association, 2010
DALHOUSE UNIVERSITY – FACULTY OF DENTISTRY LECTURES
Lectures to 3rd and 4th year dental students, 2011-2012
- “Management of missing lateral incisors”
- “Orthodontic treatment for congenitally missing teeth”
- “Diagnosis and management of impacted canines”
- “Prevention of impacted upper canines”
- “Periodontal and restorative benefits of orthodontic treatment”
Brittany has been an assistant at MacKenzie orthodontics since January 2014. She graduated from Sussex Regional High School and received her dental assisting diploma from Oulton College. Brittany worked as a dental assistant with Dr. MacKenzie before receiving her orthodontic assistant diploma. Brittany is very knowledgeable about both braces and Invisalign treatment. Together with Dr. MacKenzie she completes braces adjustments and Invisalign checks as well as other tasks to make patients visits go as smoothly as possible. In her free time, Brittany enjoys spending time with her daughter and going on new family adventures.
Lauren has been at MacKenzie orthodontics since March 2015. She is from Hampton and graduated from Hampton High school. Lauren received her dental assisting diploma from Oulton College. Lauren has received her orthodontic assistant diploma in 2016. Besides her regular dental assisting duties, you’ll see Lauren working with digital scanning as well as brace adjustments. In her free time, Lauren enjoys camping and golfing.
Patricia is from Saint John, NB. She received her dental assisting diploma in Ottawa and has been working in the dental field for 26 years, as a dental assistant, an orthodontic assistant, and an office manager. Patricia joined our team in January 2019. She is our scheduling and treatment coordinator. She is the bright voice you hear when you first call the office. She will give you all the financial information during your consultation appointment and will answer all your financial and insurance questions. In her free time, Patricia enjoys snowmobiling in the winter, gardening in the summer and retail therapy year round.
Dr. Anna Gass is originally from Brazil, where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery in 2014. She practiced general dentistry with a focus on implant dentistry and orthodontics. Anna moved to Canada in 2018 and joined our practice as an assistant. Anna is always smiling, positive and happy. Besides her duties as an assistant, Anna updates out social media pages. Anna lives in Saint John with her husband. She enjoys spending time with her family and reading.
Amanda has been with Mackenzie Orthodontics since February 2020. She has many years of experience with financial customer service. Amanda grew up in Grand Bay and currently lives with her family in Saint John. In her spare time, she enjoys family time, fishing, and any outdoor activity during the warm summers.